Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I was able to set my camera up to video this
on-lamp jumper. This is the same one in the
first pictures on my sight. She lives above this
light. There is a 75w light bulb in that glass.
I am luckily had a semi-wide angle lens that did
macros well with nearly an f 20 setting total setting here.
I was able to shoot a video of this capture
which I do not know how to post on my site yet-
but I can't wait to show it. It clearly shows
her catching this lacewing as she has really
gotten used to the presents of myself and my
camera. Almost curious--I though she was
going to jump on my camera.
Catching an event like a jumping spider catching live food naturally is a very rare thing--I got really lucky. I am still not sure what to do with the video. I'm sure I could sell it but I want to find a way to put it on my website so people can watch for free. I'm not sure how to do that yet--or if I can even do it here. Until I figure out what I am going to do I will post the stills I have. This is of corse difficult to get features because my backdrop is a bright lightbulb. This camera's built in flash however was powerful enough to get a useable shot. I find the adjustable flashes in digital cameras very useful. Built in or add on--I've recently been doing a lot of thinking and learning about lighting. A flash you can turn down to a soft under-exposure and all the way up to a overexposure with good refraction and many settings in between is very useful. Most digital cameras built with manual functions and a built in flash have an option for flash brightness.

No comments: